« All Events
Cox Creek Open House – Saturday, October 15
October 15 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm EDT
Cox Creek Dredged Material Containment Facility Open House
The Maryland Port Administration is pleased to offer the public the opportunity to explore Cox Creek, only accessible once a year during our Open House! Cox Creek is an active dredged material placement site that is undergoing expansion and the site also includes 126 acres of preserved wetlands.
Event Details & Highlights:
- Learn about what’s happening at Cox Creek and other Port site activities
- See the expansion of the facility via Riding Tours of the dredged placement site
- Access this top birding site in the state, particularly in migration season
- Meet Port staff and project partners
- Explore dredged material innovations
- Learn about the new Swan Creek Nature Trail that is in development
- Share your thoughts on the project with Maryland Port Administration officials
- Touch a Truck including bulldozers, a dump truck, trash truck, fire truck and more!
- Arts and crafts
- Educational games, snacks and more!